Board of Directors
The Conestoga Sailing Club is managed by its members. On behalf of its members the club is governed by a Board of Director. The Board is comprised of:
- The Commodore- responsible for the overall management of the Club
- The Vice Commodore-responsible for fundraising and Club promotion
- The Vice Commodore (Sailing School)- responsible for all sail training done at the Club
- The Shore Captain- responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Club facilities
- The Race Captain- responsible for coordinating all racing activities sponsored by the Club
- The Membership Secretary- responsible for correspondence with members at the Club
- The Secretary- responsible for managing the Club’s records and all agendas and minutes for Board and Membership meetings
- The Treasurer- responsible to the Board and the membership for financial affairs, investments, collecting revenue, paying bills and maintaining financial records
- The Past Commodore-acts as an advisor to the Board and is the chairperson for the Nominating Committee for the election of the Board of Directors in the upcoming year
Each year Board members are elected by voting sailing club members at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in mid November. Any voting club member can stand for office. No previous board experience is required. If you are interested in running for the Board please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to its Executive, the Conestoga Sailing Club also relies on its members to serve on various Club committees. We encourage all members to volunteer on any committee that interests them. This is a great way to meet fellow members while contributing to the club. Our current committees include:
- Youth Sailing
To join one or more of these committees please contact email@example.com.