Conestoga Sailing Club – Administrator 2016
Part Time/Full Time (depending on qualifications)
Start date: June 27, 2016
End Date August 19, 2016
Conestoga Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for the Administrator position at our sailing school for 2016.
The Conestoga Sailing School is the heart and soul of the Conestoga Sailing Club! For over 35 years, we’ve been teaching the sport of sailing to people, young and old, and of all abilities.
The sailing school operates out of CSC’s clubhouse and uses the club fleet of Optimists, Club 420s, Topper Topazs, and Wayfarers. Children in the Youth Sailing Program range in age from 8 through high school. Adults in the Adult Sailing Program vary in age.
The Administrator role is a part time position beginning in late June and ending in late August. Normal work hours will consist of working between 15 and 45 hours per week (depending on qualifications) and is paid an hourly rate. There is the possibility of combining this position with a camp counsellor position if the incumbent’s experience is sufficient. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and certifications. Assistance in securing local accommodations for the successful candidate can be provided if necessary.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Administrator must be 18 years of age or older. We seek a candidate that is organized and has previous office administration or related experience. Candidates must be mature, a team player and willing to take on responsibility. Candidates must have a valid standard First Aid and CPR-C qualifications. Candidates must be willing to work with others, including other staff members, and the general public. The Candidate must have past experience in customer facing roles. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Candidates with either a “Trained” or “ Certified” CANSail 1-2 Instructor (or White Sail Instructor) qualification and/or current Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, & PCOC are desirable but not required.
Duties of the Administrator include:
- Reporting directly to the Head Instructor and working under direction of the CSC Board of Directors
- Responding to Sailing Club and Sailing School phone calls, voicemails, and emails
- Liaising with parents regarding their children’s progress
- Processing sailing school registrations and generating bus, attendance and class lists
- Communicating with Ontario Sailing/Checklick for generating sailing school participant certificates
- Ordering equipment and spare parts under direction from head instructor
- Assisting in special events and activities
- Following all safety plans and policies for the youth sailing school
- Maintaining club facilities and equipment to a high standard
- Ensuring Sailing Club supplies are stocked
- Meeting and providing the public and new members with information about the Sailing Club, Sailing School, and Membership
- Administering first aid to sailing school participants
- For qualified individuals, helping sail training staff supervise youths while they are performing sail training
- Monitoring security of the Club, and (via radio) sailing program activities on the lake
- Performing other duties as required
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter which includes:
- the position(s) you are interested in;
- how your qualifications/background fit the requirements we are looking for;
- any other relevant information that will help us to consider your application.
Preferred method is to email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Conestoga Sailing Club
P.O. Box 38077
256 King St. N
Applications are due March 25. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.