Leader in Training (LIT) 2016
Conestoga Sailing Club – Leader in Training 2016
Full Time Volunteer
Start date: July 4, 2016
End Date August 19, 2016
Conestoga Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for the Leader in Training positions at our sailing school for 2016.
The Conestoga Sailing School is the heart and soul of the Conestoga Sailing Club! For over 35 years, we’ve been teaching the sport of sailing to people, young and old, and of all abilities.
The sailing school operates out of CSC’s clubhouse and uses the club fleet of Optimists, Club 420’s, Topper Topazs, and Wayfarers. Children in the Youth Sailing Program range in age from 8 through high school.
The Leader in Training roles are full time volunteer positions beginning in early July and ending in late August. Normal volunteer hours will consist of volunteering between 30 and 40 hours per week. There is possibility of combining daytime training positions (i.e. Leader in Training) with an evening or weekend position (i.e. Race and Regatta Staff) which will be paid an hourly rate.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Leader in Training must be 15 years of age or older. The Leader in Training must have current standard First Aid, CPR-C, Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, & PCOC. We seek a candidate with prior sailing experience and willingness to motivate and encourage youth sailors. Candidates must be mature, a team player and willing to take on responsibility. Candidates must be willing to work with others, including other staff members, and the general public. The Leader in Training will need a friendly, trustworthy and honest personality.
Duties of the Leader in Training include:
- Reporting directly to the Head Instructor and working under direction of the CSC Sail Training director
- Practicing conducting land and water lessons in conjunction with the CANSail training standards under the direction of sail training staff
- Helping sail training staff supervise youths while they are performing sail training
- Assisting in special events and activities
- Following all safety plans and policies for the youth sailing school
- Acting as a positive role model that leads youth sailors in their sailing development
- Helping to ensure the good condition of the Sailing Club, its equipment, and its grounds
- Assisting sail training staff in completing detailed individual Checklick check sheets
- Performing other duties as required
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter which includes:
- the position(s) you are interested in;
- how your qualifications/background fit the requirements we are looking for;
- any other relevant information that will help us to consider your application.
Preferred method is to email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Conestoga Sailing Club
P.O. Box 38077
256 King St. N
Applications are accepted anytime. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.