Join us for our annual Open house this weekend, Sunday June 2nd, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who is curious about sailing, or interested in learning about our club’s facilities, our Youth Sailing Summer Camp, or who may be interested in taking sailing lessons themselves. Please come out and go for a sail with our members. Some refreshments/light lunch will be provided. Learn why sailing is such an enjoyable and environmentally friendly sport! See also our Facebook event.
The task list from last year’s Club Opening can be displayed or downloaded from this link:
Stephen will bring an updated task list to this year’s opening, and if we can post it here before Saturday we will.
We are now both accepting and issuing Interac E-transfers as our preferred method of payment.
When renewing your membership, registering for lessons or for an event, just pick Cheque as your payment method. Then log into your online banking and:
- set up a new payee in your bank’s Interac E-transfer section, with the recipient set to:
It may not matter what ‘Name/Description’ you give it, but please make sure that the Email address is correct. Note that your bank should recognize that we have enabled automatic deposit, so no password or security question should be requested or required.
- Create an Interac e-Transfer Send request for the required amount to your newly created recipient. Make sure to specify a ‘Message’ that makes it clear what you are paying for, including class or event name, or membership class, and Name or Email address specified in registration if different from your banking info.
- Take a moment to double check all details, then Confirm/Send payment.
Please note: because auto-deposit is enabled, as soon as you hit “Send” your money is gone, so make sure everything is correct before sending! (the only way to fix an error is for us to send money back)
Feel free to Email our treasurer at the above address if you have any questions.
Yes, it’s finally club opening this Saturday !!!! Sailing season is starting!
It is hard to believe, but the snow is long gone, and the water level seems to be back down to the upper end of the target range.
We’ve had some April showers, but the sun will hopefully be out, and we should have a great Opening Day.
We start around 9:30 AM and there is a lot to do for everyone. Many hands make light work. The task list will be added in the next day or so – check back for updates. You can also Email any questions to our Shore Captain.
The grounds could still be a little wet, so bring your boots along with your work clothes, and preferably something dry/warm to change into just in case.
Lunch will be provided.
A few other items:
- Early bird discount ends this Saturday! For those who haven’t already, you need to register your membership online, and you can also pay there, or give/send us a cheque. Those of you with a slip must also pay before club opening to retain your spot. Email us for any questions.
NEW: we are also accepting payments by Interac e-Transfer. See separate news item for instructions.
- Weekly races start Wednesday May 22nd, first start at 7:00 PM.
- General Open house is on Sunday June 2nd. Please come help out!
- Warm Water regatta is on June 8-9.
Registration for Youth camps and CANSail lessons are also open. If you know anyone who may be interested in learning to sail, pass on the links and make sure to invite them to the open house.
That’s it for now, see you Saturday.
Welcome to our revamped web site! We are still actively working on polishing it up, so if you find something that isn’t quite right, either try back in a week or so, or let us know at email@example.com.
SGM – April 7, 2 PM
Club Opening – April 27 (rain date on May 4)
Wednesday Night Club Racing begins – May 22
Open House – June 2
Warm Water Regatta – June 8-9
Summer Solstice/Pirate Day event – (To be confirmed – June 21)
Wayfarer Training Day and Regatta – July 6-7
All Arms and Wellington Cup combined Regatta – July 21
Club Championships – August 24-25
Optimist Regatta – September 1st (Labour Day weekend)
Club Closing – October 5 (rain date October 19)
AGM – November 10, 2 PM
Open – Bruce Alexander, Acting
Sailing School Captain
David von Wahl
Open – Jan d’Ailly, Acting