Covid-19 Update June 13 2020

  • According to Provincial Regulations, the  can be open, and is open, but physical distancing, hand-washing and wearing of face masks when physical distancing is not possible guidelines  must be followed.
  • Club boats may be used by members, but surfaces must be wiped before and after use.
  • Only one person or family unit or circle in the washrooms or the kitchen at a time.
  • Barbecues may be used by one family at a time. Utensils and handles must be washed/wiped prior and after use.
  • The club will not undertake any planned social activities.
  • The club will be holding its Wednesday night races commencing June 17th.
  • Family units/circles may sail together.
  • Our full guidelines are posted on the website and on the bulletin board.

COVID-19 Update 3 – Limited Club Opening

We have some good news, finally.  With the Premier’s announcement on May 14 reducing restrictions, we should be able to partially open the club facilities with restrictions.

Members may now arrange to place your own boat in the boat park, and launch your boat for sailing if it’s safe. (docks are not ready yet) Please coordinate with Stephen – see below. The club house remains closed, with the exception of using the washrooms with proper physical distancing, and only one household unit in a washroom at a time for now. (the water has been turned on)  At least until club opening, No use of the club barbecues, kitchen, fridges etc.  If in doubt, don’t!!  You can put out a picnic table, but distancing applies for non-family groups. Otherwise everything should be considered closed and out of bounds. Full rules will be posted as soon as they are completed.

Please exercise caution and watch for your own and the well-being of others.

If there are a few people who would like to help put out the dock, or if you wish to deliver your boat to the club or launch it, please coordinate with our Shore Captain: Stephen, at

We are tentatively planning for a club opening next Saturday morning May 23rd.  Details and confirmation are planned to be emailed out on Wednesday May 20. The protocols for COVID-19 mitigation will also be explained and posted before opening day.  Hopefully Wednesday night races will start on May 27th.

Note: we are planning some virtual racing, until we’re able to get real racing going, and for those who are not ready to venture out. Watch for subsequent posts for details.

Early bird fees are due by club opening, so best to register and pay now if you haven’t already.  (the early bird discount gets applied at check-out)  Payment by eTransfer (select Cheque) is preferred.  Those who haven’t registered for winter storage should do that as well.  A slip announcement will come in the next week.  Register via Membership page on our web site, or directly at:

Thank you all, and looking forward to being out on the water.

COVID-19 Statement

We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience in this difficult time, and trust that everyone is staying safe. We are hopeful that we will still be able to enjoy a season of both teaching and enjoying sailing this summer.

Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, our Club will remain closed until we are allowed to open.

For Youth Sailing Camp and Adult Lesson registrants:

We continue to plan to hold our youth summer sailing camp and adult lessons this summer. If you would like to be assured a spot, please register. Should schedule changes be required because of COVID-19, we will let all affected registrants know as soon as possible. We will allow registrants to switch to a different session, or will fully refund any fees paid if accommodation cannot be met.

For Members:

An email will be sent as soon as we have any news about opening. Club opening will be the first Saturday after we are permitted to open.

If you must access the boat park to pick up or drop off a boat without feasible alternatives, please contact our Shore Captain to find out what is possible, when and how.