Conestoga Sailing Club – Adult CANSail 1&2 Instructors 2013
Start date: June, 2017
End Date August, 2017
Conestoga Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for the Adult CANSail 1-2 Instructor position at our sailing school for 2017.
The Conestoga Sailing School is the heart and soul of the Conestoga Sailing Club! For over 35 years, we’ve been teaching the sport of sailing to people, young and old, and of all abilities.
The sailing school operates out of CSC’s clubhouse and uses the club fleet of Club 420’s, CL Echo’s, Topper Topaz’s, and Wayfarers. Adults in the Adult Sailing Program vary in age.
The CANSail 1-2 Instructor role is a part time position beginning in early June and ending in late August. Normal work hours will be paid an hourly rate. There is a possibility of combining an evening and daytime teaching position (i.e. Adult Instructor) with an extra evening or weekend position (i.e. Private Lesson Instructor, Race and Regatta Staff). The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and certifications. Assistance in securing local accommodations for the successful candidate can be provided if necessary.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Sailing Instructor must be 16 years of age or older. The CANSail 1-2 Instructor must be either a “Trained” of “ Certified” CANSail 1-2 Instructor (or White Sail Instructor) and have current standard First Aid, CPR-C, Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, & PCOC. We seek a candidate with prior sailing experience and willingness to motivate and encourage adult sailors. Candidates must be mature, a team player and willing to take on responsibility. Candidates must be willing to work with others, including other staff members, and the general public. The instructor will need a friendly, trustworthy and honest personality.
Duties of the Adult CANSail 1-2 Instructor include:
- Reporting directly to the Head CSC Sail Training director
- Managing the adult sailing program
- Supervision and leadership of adult sailors in on-the-water & shore-side instruction and physical fitness
- Preparing land and on water lessons for classes while maintaining the highest level of CANSail standards
- Performing administrative tasks and using the Checklick application to monitor student progress
- Assisting in special events and activities
- Following all safety plans and policies for the adult sailing school
- Acting as a positive role model that leads adult sailors in their sailing development
- Maintaining club facilities and equipment to a high standard
- Performing other duties as required
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter which includes:
- the position(s) you are interested in;
- how your qualifications/background fit the requirements we are looking for;
- any other relevant information that will help us to consider your application.
Preferred method is to email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Conestoga Sailing Club
P.O. Box 38077
256 King St. N
Applications are due April 1st. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.