Conestoga Sailing Club – CANSail 3&4 Instructor 2017
Start date: June 25, 2017
End Date August 11, 2017
Conestoga Sailing Club invites qualified individuals to apply for CANSail 3-4 Instructor position at our sailing school for 2017.
The Conestoga Sailing School is the heart and soul of the Conestoga Sailing Club! For over 35 years, we’ve been teaching the sport of sailing to people, young and old, and of all abilities.
The sailing school operates out of CSC’s clubhouse and uses the club fleet of Club 420’s, CL Echo’s, Topper Topaz’s, and Wayfarers. Children in the Youth Sailing Program range in age from 8 through high school.
The CANSail 3-4 Instructor role is a full time positions beginning in late June and ending in late August. Normal work hours will consist of working between 40 and 45 hours per week and is paid an hourly rate. There is possibility of combining a daytime teaching position (i.e. Youth Instructor) with an evening or weekend position (i.e. Adult or Private Lesson Instructor, Race and Regatta Staff). The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and certifications. Assistance in securing local accommodations for the successful candidate can be provided if necessary.
Qualifications & Certifications
The Sailing Instructor must be 16 years of age or older. The CANSail 3-4 Instructor must be either a “Trained” of “ Certified” CANSail 3-4 Instructor (or Bronze Sail Instructor) and have current standard First Aid, CPR-C, Swimming Certificate/Boat Rescue, & PCOC. We seek a candidate with prior sailing experience and willingness to motivate and encourage youth sailors. Candidates must be mature, a team player and willing to take on responsibility. Candidates must be willing to work with others, including other staff members, and the general public. The instructor will need a friendly, trustworthy and honest personality.
Duties of the CANSail 3-4 Instructor include:
- Reporting directly to the Head Instructor and working under direction of the CSC Sail Training director
- Supervision and leadership of intermediate-level children/youth sailors in on-the-water & shore-side instruction and physical fitness/fun-games activities
- Preparing land and on water lessons for classes while maintaining the highest level of CANSail standards
- Working closely with other instructors to coordinate CANSail 3-4 activities with other sailing school programs
- Performing administrative tasks and using the Checklick application to monitor student progress
- Assisting in special events and activities
- Following all safety plans and policies for the youth sailing school
- Acting as a positive role model that leads youth sailors in their sailing development
- Maintaining club facilities and equipment to a high standard
- Performing other duties as required
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter which includes:
- the position(s) you are interested in;
- how your qualifications/background fit the requirements we are looking for;
- any other relevant information that will help us to consider your application.
Preferred method is to email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Conestoga Sailing Club
P.O. Box 38077
256 King St. N
Applications are due April 1st. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.