Our AGM and Social will be held on this coming Sunday, Nov. 10, at 2:00pm at the Granite Club in Waterloo.
We have three major items:
- Firstly, Scott Ramsay and Les Sherratt will be giving a talk about their experience sailing in the Wayfarer World Championships in Ireland this past summer. This should be really interesting.
- Secondly, we have our club awards, always with some fun.
- Thirdly, a review of what we did this past summer and what we would like to do next summer, as presented by the board members, including our financials.
Everyone is strongly encouraged to come. There will be some snacks provided and drinks are available.
It’s really your chance to let the board know what we can do to improve the club and what we are doing well.
We have a few initiatives that we are looking for committee members for, and we are also looking for new board members.
- 2021 will be our 60thanniversary. We are looking for a team who would like to take on what we should be doing to mark the occasion.
- We are looking at purchasing a RS Venture sailboat for the sailing school and membership use. It’s a significant investment with significant benefits to the sailing school, the general membership enabling sailing for the whole family and those with mobility challenges. Again, we are looking for a few people to help out with this project.
- We are looking at building a sail shed in the boat park next spring, and need a few people to help manage the project.
About board members, we really need some members to join the board. It’s a monthly meeting during the winter, and some coordination of activities during the summer. We spread the work around depending on who has some time available, and there is always a lot of support. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you in advance, and I hope to be seeing you on Sunday.
Conestoga Sailing Club.
Check the following News post for the agenda, and watch this News section for further updates.